1. Health Technology Assesment Report 1
A report by Facey K, Cummins E, Macpherson K, Morris A, Reay L and Slattery J. 2002.
Organisation of Services for diabetic retinopathy screening.
Health Technology Assessment Report 1.
Glasgow: Health Technology Board for Scotland
2. Recommendations for Implementation of DRS Services in Scotland
A Report by the Diabetic Retinopathy Screening Implementation Group June 2003
3. NHS Circular HDL(2003)33 - Diabetic Retinopathy Services
This HDL outlines the support available to NHS Boards and the
steps which Boards need to take to provide diabetic retinopathy
screening to all people with diabetes. July 2003
4. NHS Quality Improvement Scotland Clinical Standards in Diabetic Retinopathy Screening (2004)
5. Diabetic Retinopathy Screening Services in Scotland: Outline Vision of a National Service dated March 2005.
This document outlined a strategic approach to implementation involving a number of regional centres for Scotland in 2005.
6. Should automated Grading of Retinal photographs be used in Scottish Diabetic Retinopathy Screening Service? May 2009.
Prof Norman Waugh, MB ChB, DA, MCRP(UK), MPH, FRCP(Edin) FFPHM
7. Compression of Retinal Images
Dr Keith A. Goatman (K.A.Goatman@abdn.ac.uk)
Department of Radiology, Aberdeen University, Scotland. Some notes following the Four Nations Camera and Software Working Group meeting 10th May 2006.
8. Automated Grading for Diabetic retinopathy: a large scale audit using arbitration by clinical experts.
Alan D Fleming, Keith A Goatman, Sam Philip, et al.
Br J Ophthalmol 2010 94: 1606-1610 originally published online September 21, 2010
9. Costs and consequences of automated algorithms versus manual grading for detection of referable diabetic retinopathy.
G S Scotland, P McNamee, A D Fleming, K A Goatman, S Philip, G J Prescott,
P F Sharp, G J Williams, W Wykes,
G P Leese, J A Olson, on behalf of the
Scottish Diabetic Retinopathy Clinical Research Network
10. The efficacy of automated "disease/no disease" grading for diabetc retinopathy in a systematic screening programme.
S Philip, A D Fleming, K A Goatman, S Fonseca, P Mcnamee, G S Scotland, G J Prescott, P F Sharp,
J A Olson
11. The role of haemorrhage and exudate detection in automated grading of diabetic retinopathy.
Alan D Fleming, Keith A Goatman, Sam Philip, Graeme J Williams,
Gordon J Prescott, Graham S Scotland, Paul McNamee, Graham P Leese,
William N Wykes,7 Peter F Sharp,1 John A Olson on behalf of the Scottish Diabetic
Retinopathy Clinical Research Network.
12. External quality assurance for image grading in the Scottish Diabetic Retinopathy Screening programme.
K. A. Goatman, S. Philip, A. D. Fleming, R. D. Harvey, K. K. Swa, C. Styles, M. Black,
G. Sell, N. Lee, P. F. Sharp and J. A. Olson
Some other useful Links:
1. Statistics Release: Registered Blind and Partially Sighted Persons, Scotland 2006
2. RNIB Website: Link to the Diabetes pages of the RNIB website
3. Diabetes UK Website: Link to the home page of Diabetes UK
4. My diabetes*my way: Link to the interactive diabetes patient web site.